Saturday 26 April 2008


Been having a mixed week this week.

Struggles
  • Intended to join the Abingdon WW class but realised I wouldnt be able to WI next week as have a prior important engagement so will wait until after my birthday and my next visit to the nurse ...when I hope to get my vouchers for 3 months free membership.

  • Have been fighting to keep ahead on the indoor-rowing team metre board but the lady behind me slipped past and as Ive had major dental work with a cold/sinus trouble on top I have had to concede my place and as the season ends next week I realised that I dont think I can struggle back through this illness. It made me appreciate that I need to let go again of this competitiveness-which over the past year has been an interesting thing to experience in someone who has never been competitive before in her life-but I guess it just doesnt suit either my mental or physical self. I will keep rowing but within new limits.
  • Being ill-yet again !!! is horrible !

Successes

  • Due to mixture of dentist and illness I have been verygood with my food this week and scales have moved downwards nicely-but it concerns me that weight Ive lost may just due to dehydration etc so I am not officially recording my weight-change until this illness has settled-which I hope will be SOON !
  • But I am not craving the foods I thought I would be missing-that night recently in hospital keeps coming back into my mind when I look at unhealthy foods now- I definitely do not want a return trip there again !
  • We have booked two holidays-end of May to Center Parcs Elveden.. just the two of us to recharge our batteries-http://www.centerparcs.co.uk/villages/elveden/index.jsp

  • and then to Plymouth to a gorgeous apartment right up on the Hoe with tall arched windows overlooking the sea-taking Mum and Joyce with us-a mixture of family history research, outings and family visits.Hopefully there will be less of me by then.

  • http://www.luxuryseaviews.co.uk/esplanade.asp -picture above shows the lovely living room

No comments: